Pages

Monday 16 April 2012

After a good start I have 3 losses in a row, all on the same call level. Lesson learned - after a failed trade, don't trade than level until you see some precise turning points on it again.Besides that this is a call level, best trades are on put levels (red). In any case that third attempt was totally unjustified. I am back where I have started on Friday given back all my winnings. I will disregard that level for today, and will watch 1.3000 and 1.3039 instead.



I would much prefer a trade at 1.3000 as this levels causes massive order flow and one-directional moves that are what we are after. In a hindsight my trade at 1.3000 cut at +6 was good for over 20 pips profit if held. I won't close too early if I get to BE at my next attempt at 1.3000. BTW, my TP is now set at 13 pips and my trail stop is 5 pips away.


Grrr.. Did another trade and got kicked out by the break even order. And then trade went into my way full 13 pips to get to my TP but it wasn't there since I was out. I have seen it times already. So hence the decision: I risk only 2 pips now plus commissions, while my target is 13 pips so by kicking out I win 2.7 pips of not lost risk and commissions but lose possible 13 pips profits. So I did the following: no more break even order, risk is only 2 pips, and I have a trail stop order 5 pips FROM THE LOSS, it means it will get activated at 3 pips gain but will trail my stop loss 5 pips behind, initially limiting my risk from 2 pips to 0 and then starting to secure some profit. This is how we did during news trading and hopefully the order flow during options strike trading will be strong enough to support the same principle. So far it looks like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment