Pages

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Today I wasn't expecting much and rightly so. LOL. Wait! Actually it was ok. I did only 2 trades and given the day and mostly ranging price action with lots of back and fill, this type of day is easy to get choppen for sticks.

I traded live on T4 today for the first time. I am glad that slippage wasn't dramatic despite a fast move, it is definitely tradeable. I only feel sorry I got in 12 ticks, I originally set a target for 20 but somehow I pulled all orders when got flat on my first trade that came at break even and when I resent order I did not change the default 12 ticks.

Still the risk-reward was very good.

Trades today (practice)




This is a day's overview. Lots of move on chart, but swings are not large and inside there is a lot of back and forward moves, barbwire price action.


I had my chart set up during the trade to 6 sec and it did look like a better setup. But it could work, I got slipped 3 ticks right to the bottom, the was hard to salvage, but I close the trade after I dealt with its live copy, which I closed at BE (it slipped 2 ticks), so I lost bit more. This trade was purely about damage limitation.


I waited for this trade since the beginning of the day. It lined up today's high and yesterday's high, all stars! I should have taken 20 ticks if I would edit a new order, but it is what it is.


This was a potential setup but market got very slow readying for FOMC. Would have worked though but likely to stop me out around BE.

No comments:

Post a Comment