Pages

Monday 3 February 2014

EUR/USD flops

Tried first to long EUR/USD on the basis of a pullback to a strong level and recent reaction. 20 pips stop.


Momentum quickly stopped me out.

4 hour bar closed below the level and I decided to revert to short at the same level as you can see above. However, market made few attempts to go short again but very shallow. It was a late evening Friday, I decided to leave position over the weekend with around 20 pips profit. No gap up is expected, if anything sentiment is negative for euro.


It opened on Monday where it closed on Friday. Made few attempts to go lowever, but maximum I have seen was 25 pips. I made a mistake of not taking this profit as clearly momentum was lost into ECB week. Eventually it pulled back and stopped me out for another 20 pips loss.

Then market has died.

Currently sitting on 96 euro loss. I had few small trades too, last one was an attempt to get into a short again, but moved to break even too fast and it stopped me out slipping few pips. If I left it alone I could make 20 pips but again, this is nothing.

I target 3 to 5 reward to risk with these trades. I plan to risk 100 eur per trade at initial phase. I used only half of the risk per trade now, to get into the game again and get used to carrying a position for several days if needed. Once I close the loss and make some profit I will go with 100 euro risk per trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment