Pages

Sunday 23 February 2014

Weekly roundup

It's been a productive and bit emotional week. I have finally gone live last Friday and ended a day with a loss of 15 ticks, done one trade. (190) euros from my live account.

 This week had slow Monday being a Presidents day in US, but DAX was trading even if rather slow. I did one trade.


Took a fast catch of a flying knife at the good confirmed level on expected stop run past earlier lows. My mistake was scalping my way out for just 8 ticks and not re-entering on another test. It was a trade of the day I failed to exercise properly.

Tuesday gave some more buzz.


However, I also did one trade only.

Wednesday was a day of disappointment. I have realized I took Monday and Tuesday trades on demo, rather than on a real account. I have got frustrated and started to doubt myself and took no trades.

I can back strong on Thursday, reinforced and reinvigorated.


I took 39 ticks home in two trades, 550 euro into my real account.

Friday was good and bad too.


My first trade was just excellent, 3 ticks draw-down  and a run was good for 140 ticks. But I screwed it badly. Again. And not retaken. Again. I protected the trade too fast and got stopped out for +1 tick in 30 seconds. Then I spent 20 ticks trying to catch up onto a long. Second trade was a cheap attempt that failed, it was ok. Third trade was a dumb one. And last trade was a mistake on my part. I knew it was an expiration day but did not realize DAX options expire at 1 PM CET time, so it got hit by the liquidation of long position collected by option sellers protecting the low the gave me the first great trade I failed to collect on.

Gave back 19 ticks or 237 euros. Still finish week positive and my total balance is about +50 euros.

However I have learned a lot and will dedicated a special post to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment