Pages

Saturday 15 June 2013

Got funded by TopStepTrader

It's official now! I have received a status of funded trader with TopStepTrader prop firm. My new funded account is yet to be available, can take few weeks to sort things out, but it's official. Now I have got my live trader practice account, so I can score on demo in same way replicating approach I will be taking live.

I am a proponent of slowly does it, so despite having a max buying power of 15 contracts, I will be starting with one and will earn the right to use more, by adding 500 usd to my live real money account for each new contract to be available to use.

I have traded first day with that approach in mind. I did not use my main strategy at all, it's well developed and I know what it can and can't do, however I concentrated on development of some trade ideas. I consider results of the first day to be good. I did several trades I would not consider repeating and some I consider well done. I have formulated a sound plan on protecting a trade and conditions when it is essential to let trade run.

I plan to add this strategy to my live strategies list, and will hold off with another ones from my development list. I believe these two has maximum potential. Having more than 3 live strategies will overcomplicate things and likely diminish my performance.

I plan to practice new strategy until I receive a new account, so about 2-3 weeks. Since it's a day trading strategy that can generate 5-10 setups per day, it's enough to produce dependable data set for analysis and modifications before taking it live.




No comments:

Post a Comment