Pages

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Testing continues

Generally a very low volume day, lack of participation, the strategies I tested require more normalized trading activity thus did not work. Still I could get a couple less losers in the beginning of session by applying filters. However losses will be ever present, so the question is not how to minimize them by any means and costs, but how to still take winners. Some of my break even trades could be winners. Since I target minimum 3:1 reward to risk, perhaps I should concentrate not to pass on a winner instead of protecting trade by any means. I will test a time based break even approach - only putting to break even about one minute after, if price action remains in the region of entry - move a limit there to get out. If price action moved away - do not put to break even until one test of the entry. If price action moved away to profit - look for potential scale-in entries, and prace original stop where I would place a stop for a scale-in entry. This won't work for 15 ticks profits, but I plan to capture much larger runs like 30-50 ticks too. For 15-tick profits only use break even as per rules above, because I will get stopped out of many profitable trades.









No comments:

Post a Comment