Pages

Monday 15 August 2011

US Empire State Survey Live Trade


Here is the trade I took live just now. According to my setup I took it with 25 pips Stop Loss and progressive take profit at 15,30 and up to 60 pips profit on equal parts. However I looked at higher time frame before the trade and put some support and resistance lines as well as fibbed swing low to swing high for last weeks. Trade went short on EurJpy so I looked to long it. My 15 and 30 pips targets were before the next resistance line as well as before the 62.3% Fib line. However my 60 pips target was above resistance and Fib, so I decided 60 pips target to be optional and leave an option to close it early if price struggles. This is how it went...
My EA took 1/3 of position at 15 and then another 1/3 at 30 pips, however price pulled back and struggled showing some supply up there. Then approached 30TP again and system took another profit. I had very small position left (since there were not precise 1/3 but little less) which I closed manually in the same region. It is unlikely that price would go much further up without a swing down which would take me out of the trade so I cashed it in. Net result is 15+33+30 pips on average 27 pips gain on 25 pips risk which I consider excellent for high-probability scalping setups. 


No comments:

Post a Comment